It’s tempting to spend lots of time and energy (and budget) on creating video content, but the reality is that even if you have something great to share, you need to know how to distribute video content in a way that gets it in front of your target audience.
How do you increase views of your videos?
You can increase views of your videos by making sure you maximize all your distribution channels. It’s no longer enough to put a video on YouTube and hope it goes viral. It’s important to use multiple channels (and channels outside of social media) to not only gain maximum exposure, but also to increase your video’s longevity.
As the world’s second largest search engine, YouTube is the obvious place to share video content. A good objective for YouTube is to drive awareness and push traffic to your website where they can really focus on your offering – and where you can track them.
You should also embed your video into your website – that could be on the home page, landing pages or even product pages. It’s very persuasive, helping to increase time spent on your pages (something Google loves) and increasing conversion rates by up to 80%.
Email is also a great way to share video content – it’s still one of the best-performing marketing channels and including a video can result in a much higher click-through rate. In fact, a study of almost one billion emails showed that those containing video had a 96% higher click-through rate.
There are other great places to share your video content: email signatures, sales assets, blog posts, press releases and relevant external or partners’ websites.
And of course, don’t forget your social platforms for highly consumable, instant sharing. Not only can you post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and G+, but you could use shorter form video content on Instagram and Pinterest.
How can you attract social media users to share your video content online?
There are a few ways in which you can encourage your followers to share your videos. Firstly, and most obviously, make sure the video itself is great! Quality content that resonates with your audience makes it much more shareable. Try and keep it short, and funny or emotional videos boost shares, too.
Beyond that, you can implement some tactics to actively encourage shares (and likes). Using subtitles in your videos helps, as do relevant hashtags. Of course, you can simply ask your followers to share your video content.
Here’s what you should know when you consider how to distribute video content:
- Break your video up into short snippets – these can be used as teasers, or to highlight something particular you’d like to focus on. Shorter snippets are also great for social
Here’s an example of short videos we created from longer videos. Upcycling content in this way helps marketers get many more assets from their hard work and helps stretch your budget and get greater ROI on your content investment.
- Use images from the video, especially if you use graphics or stats, in other marketing material
- Transcribe your video content – this is great for SEO
- Create one or more blog posts which explore different elements of your video in more depth – this also supports SEO and you can populate your posts with direct calls to action
We’ve created a comprehensive hub that shares all kinds of tips and insights into video content marketing. Here’s the table of content to quickly navigate to a topic of your choice:
- What is Video Content Marketing?
- Benefits of Video Content Marketing
- Video As Part of Your Content Marketing Strategy?
- Leveraging Video Content Marketing to Increase ROI
- How (and Where) to Distribute Video Content
- Why Video Content Is So Important For Social Media
- Influencer Marketing & Video: Vlogging Uncovered
- The Many Types of Video Content Marketing
- Repurposing Existing Video Content
- Examples of Successful Video Content Marketing
- Using Video to Make a Difference
- Useful Video Content Resources