10 Benefits of Hiring an Ecommerce Marketing Agency
An ecommerce marketing agency brings the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to drive sales, improve your online presence, and get the most out of your ecommerce brand. If you’re considering taking on an ecommerce marketing agency, you’re probably doing lots of research right now into the benefits they will bring you, what an agency can do for your business, associated costs and return on investment, and what your options are. In this article, we talk about the value of hiring an ecom marketing agency, and the top 10 benefits they bring.
Why should you consider hiring an ecommerce marketing agency?
There might be a few reasons you’re considering working with an ecommerce marketing agency. You may be experiencing lower than expected sales, or perhaps you need support with something specific, like SEO or lead generation. You may lack internal marketing resources, skills, knowledge or expertise; or maybe you already work with an agency but just aren’t seeing the desired results.
Partnering with the right ecommerce marketing agency for your brand can be massively beneficial in terms of generating leads and improving conversion rates, driving sales and profit, and ultimately achieving the results you want.
Still not convinced?
10 benefits of hiring an ecommerce marketing agency
The key word here really is ‘partnering’. An ecommerce marketing agency should be an extension of your team, working alongside you to strategize, plan, and implement your marketing activity.
While you may want them to take initiative, they should not work autonomously. Nor should they be ‘yes men’ and just take your direction without question. A great agency will use their experience, knowledge, and skill sets to constructively challenge and support your business so that you can work together and achieve your desired outcomes.
A good ecommerce marketing agency will bring a lot of benefits to your brand:
- You can quickly and easily tap into fields of expertise and depths of experience you probably don’t have in-house (unless you pay a lot for them). An ecommerce marketing agency is full of experts with different skill sets, from SEO (search engine optimization) to web design and branding. You’ll probably find that you work with people who are experts in a specific channel or a certain aspect of marketing. This means that you pay one fee for all of this experience and expertise. It also means that every aspect of your ecommerce marketing plan will be given the full attention it deserves.
- Agencies are generally more cost-effective than employing a full in-house team – depending on the size of your business, of course. According to Glassdoor, the average annual salary for a marketing manager is just over $81,000 – imagine how far an ecommerce marketing agency, as opposed to a single person, could take you with this budget. Don’t forget that in addition to an internal team’s salary, there are also other costs to consider such as equipment, office space, training, and recruitment.
- Agencies are efficient, productive, and consistent. They are used to working with a variety of businesses and are able to quickly understand your needs and how to fulfill them. Internal processes produce high-quality work on time and in budget while taking care of operational details.
- They also stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends which allows them to better serve their clients. This means you don’t have to spend the time it takes to travel the learning curve in order to do this yourself, and you will still be current and can reap the benefits of technological developments, tools, and strategies.
- Outsourcing your marketing enables you to keep momentum and ensure stability, regardless of changes to your team. For example, if you have a small in-house team and someone leaves, they take their knowledge and expertise with them. This might mean lack of consistency and effectiveness while you’re in the recruitment process or as someone less experienced picks up the work. With an ecommerce marketing agency by your side, you’ll never have to fill in any gaps, or worry about not having enough manpower to dedicate to a particular marketing activity.
- If you have a strict, urgent or unplanned deadline, you can use an agency to quickly scale up, thanks to their skills and experience. An agency will also be able to scale up to meet your needs as your business grows over time, using their depth of resources to implement more or different types of marketing activity as and when you need it.
- You’ll get better results – because your success is an agency’s success. A good agency knows that a long-term client brings great rewards, and they will do everything they can to ensure that you achieve the results you want because it reflects well on them, too.
- Agencies frequently purchase new tools and resources, such as the latest software and training, as it allows them to stay ahead. This means that they’re more efficient, productive, and high-performing – and you won’t have to make these often pricey investments yourself!
- An agency provides a different perspective from your employees who work in the business every day. It’s so easy for internal teams to lose sight of the bigger picture and get caught up in the day-to-day, but a good ecommerce marketing agency will offer new insights as well as experience across different industries and types of business. Even better, they will typically offer these insights from a customer perspective, rather than an employee’s perspective.
- Agencies help in-house teams become more efficient, as they can reprioritize their workload to concentrate on core tasks. It’s often the case that marketing teams cover a lot of bases and have responsibilities that might seem appropriate but actually take up a huge portion of time. This is often things like producing content, running social media accounts, or improving SEO. Freeing up your team’s time by hiring an ecommerce marketing agency allows them to concentrate on critical projects and avoid burnout.
A final thought: online brands (no matter their size) work with ecommerce marketing agencies to build growth and drive sales while remaining agile. Hiring an agency provides both flexibility and access to expertise and the latest in marketing technology.
Check out our hiring an ecommerce marketing agency resource for more content on all aspects of hiring a marketing agency, or call us if you’d like to chat through how LimeLight Marketing can support your brand.