Online search strategy for Creative Candles
How SEO & SEM increased traffic and revenue
About Creative Candles
Creative Candles has been creating small-batch, artisan-made candles since 1961. By preserving the centuries-old art of candle making, their wide range of premium candles provide the perfect ambiance for any occasion.
Following a successful rebrand including a new e-commerce website, Creative Candles wanted to take their digital marketing to the next level. The goal was to increase organic traffic to their website by 10% over the previous year and optimize traffic sources for the best-performing and lowest-cost paths to conversion. Competition is high in the luxury candle space, so we created a strategy that would increase traffic using SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing).
Phase one optimization
Our SEO and SEM teams worked hand-in-hand on an SEO audit to understand Creative Candles’ organic search results and defined the tactics we would use to improve them and guide our SEM strategy.
Over a period of six months, we implemented various SEO improvements such as:
- Enhancing content on all product pages
- Optimized alt tags and meta descriptions site-wide
- Lengthening blog posts
- Removing low performing posts
- Implemented schema markup
- Canonicalized product pages
- Strengthened the SEO value of onsite images
We increased monthly paid search ad spend, regularly analyzed ad results, and tweaked our approach to maximize overall campaign effectiveness.
Website & conversion increases
- Combined SEO and SEM approach exceeded every metric and all KPI’s
- Paid search traffic grew by 60%
- New organic traffic increased 29%
- Overall revenue grew by 21%
- Average order value increased by 6%
"I like that we’re seeing sales go up also. From the time we started working with LimeLight Marketing, we’ve had an average 30% increase and in some months we’ve actually had double the sales. It is fantastic to have a group that we can work with that feels like we are all one company…that people are just as dedicated to our company as we are."
Owner - Creative Candles