UX optimizations for Creative Candles
Select enhancements improve on-site conversion rate
About Creative Candles
Creative Candles has been creating small-batch, artisan-made candles since 1961. By preserving the centuries-old art of candle making, their wide range of premium candles provide the perfect ambiance for any occasion.
Customers can buy Creative Candles hand-crafted candles directly from their online store. Their site was receiving healthy traffic, but the conversion rate wasn’t where the company wanted it to be. LimeLight saw an opportunity to increase the frequency of online purchases with just a few optimizations to the ecommerce UX.
- We analyzed Hot Jar reports, website analytics, and conversion data to identify opportunities to improve the user experience on the site.
- Our team conducted a competitive assessment of other luxury e-commerce brands to identify areas where Creative Candles could enhance their site to compete with or beat the competition.
- We added environment product photography on each product detail page to help customers envision uses for the candles. This leveraged a repository of photos taken through our partnership.
- Enhanced the user experience in viewing products in multiple color options by adding color selector buttons alongside each product (replacing the existing dropdown selector) to ensure visitors can easily browse through the full range of available colors.
- Added a scroll bar below product images to show the variations of the candle colors and finishes.
- Rewrote product copy to be aligned to the luxury product, focusing not only on product attributes but on the lifestyle aspirations of shopper.
- Year-over-year conversions grew by 40%
- Overall visitor purchases increased from 2.21% to 3.1%
"I like that we are seeing sales go up. Our social followers have increased which is fantastic. Awareness building is absolutely critical, but it’s also translated to increased sales. We’ve had, on average since we started with LimeLight, a solid 30% increase and in some months we’ve had double the sales. It’s fantastic to have a group that we work with that feels like we’re all part of one company...that other people are dedicated to our company just as much as we are.
Owner - Creative Candles