How can I get a better return on my video content marketing? We hear this question often as we talk to marketers. A lot of time, thought and resource goes into planning and producing a marketing video so it’s important to leverage that content to get the most possible impact from it. This blog post offers tips on getting more from your video content and provides links to deeper insight to help you.
It’s no secret that video content marketing is on the increase and has been for the last few years. One reason for that is because of the benefits it can bring a brand.
Firstly, the (pretty amazing) stats:
- Video content on landing pages can boost conversion rates by 80%
- You can increase email open rates by 19% by including the word ‘video’ in an email subject line
- It’s predicted that in 2019, 80% of all internet traffic will come from video
- Most importantly, a massive 90% of consumers say watching videos helps them make a purchase decision
Of course, all this is only possible when the video content marketing is right, and is used in the right way. So, how do you do that?
Video content is no longer a single element in a marketing plan, included as a ‘nice-to-have’ or a ‘maybe one day’. With one minute of video equating to an estimated 1.8 million words, it should be an intrinsic part of your content strategy, central to your outbound marketing, campaigns and social.
7 Things to Consider in Your Video Content Marketing Strategy
- Creating different types of video content – mix it up so your audience keeps coming back for more
- Producing lots of content – a few videos throughout the year will not build enough momentum or create the power that video can wield. Consistency is key, as it is will all types of content
- Using your videos across your marketing channels – not just on your YouTube site, but embedded in your company website, on email, and especially in social
- How to deliver value, whatever that may mean in your industry – it could be useful, relevant content that consumers learn from, or it could be inspiring, funny or simply interesting
- Setting some KPIs – what are your overall objectives and targets for video? Continually measure and learn from your results
- Paid video ads – including remarketing
- Budget – some videos can be expensive to produce and it’s important to find a balance of quality, cost and amplification
Leveraging Video Content Marketing to Increase ROI
Video content marketing can help your bottom line if done right.
There’s not only an increased intent to purchase when a consumer has enjoyed a video, but more importantly an actual increase in purchase rate. There are also a few different ways in which you can support your video content to ensure that it’s maximizing viewers, engagement and ROI.
- Increase visibility by sharing your video content across platforms to expand reach
- Optimize your video content based on the platform you’re using – many users are loyal to the platform they spend the most time on
- Repurpose, or upcycle, evergreen content so more people see it
- Follow the best strategy for number of posts according to the platform – and test and learn
- Reach new audiences by promoting social sharing
It’s tempting to spend lots of time and energy (and budget) on creating video content, but the reality is that even if you have a great video, you need to get it in front of your target audience.
How do you to that?
We created a comprehensive pillar page on video content marketing that gives you all the tips and insights that we’ve learned working with many businesses. Access this video content marketing information here and then email us with any questions or to talk about how you can integrate more video into your marketing plan.
Read the Video Content Marketing pillar page.