Shopify website redesign helps drive 2.3x increase in online sales
An aged site with a lack of content
Backyard Discovery has a strong network of retailers including Home Depot, Lowe’s, Amazon, Sam’s Club and others that contribute a large portion of their revenue. Historically, their business structure wasn’t focused on driving direct-to-consumer sales through their Shopify store. As a result, the site experience was out of date, wasn’t optimized for search engines, and lacked content to convey the quality and differentiation of their products. Further, it wasn’t in a condition to take high volumes of traffic and convert at desired rates.
Become the market leader in outdoor lifestyle structures
- Establish Backyard Discovery as a market leader in outdoor patio and play through a site that conveyed the brand value.
- Strategically launch a growing line of patio products through a product roadmap expanding into complimentary categories.
- Create a website experience that drives to purchase to support the rapid growth of the brand and fuel a significant ecommerce business.
Agile website redesign
We used an agile approach to redesign the core theme of the website and then incrementally redesigned and optimized sections of the website over time – from home page to collection pages to product pages, to checkout and more.
This phased approach allowed Backyard Discovery to launch an improved website experience in a few months to begin reaping benefits, while allowing more time to strategically implement each additional feature and function over the coming months.
- Integrated new marketing technologies and automations to support remarketing efforts
- Added augmented reality for shoppers to view the product in their space
- Enhanced filtering on category pages allowing shoppers to narrow their search easily and added product page enhancements for shoppers to view multiple product sizes right on the product page
- Enhanced checkout experience and launched alternative payments to support the influx of online orders
- Provided UX consulting and A/B testing to optimize web path to purchase along with SEO to optimize the website for search engines and deliver fast page load speed