KEY 2020 ecommerce growth
Strategy, planning & implementation for a massive boost in sales
- Online sales grew by 97% year on year
- Bottom-of-funnel tactics were key to driving revenue
- Strong metrics & data analysis show clear opportunities to further increase sales
- Top-of-funnel activity drove brand awareness & boosted social following
KEY is a brand that has been trusted and relied upon by America’s hardest working for more than 100 years. Started by C.A. Lakin and Harry McKey in 1908 in Fort Scott, Kansas, KEY provides durable, feature-rich, value-based workwear that’s comfortable yet stands up to the rigors of tough jobs in the office and in the field.
KEY wanted to review and develop their marketing strategy, build a robust marketing plan for 2020, and drive ecommerce revenue growth. Specifically, they wanted to implement marketing tactics that would double year-over-year ecommerce revenue.
Online sales for Q1 were 97% to revenue goal, which was more than double the previous years’ actual sales. This success can be directly attributed to expanded and refreshed digital marketing efforts driving to the KEY website. The main revenue drivers were bottom-of-funnel tactics including email marketing and paid search initiatives. Top-of-funnel activity, including influencer marketing, paid search and the launch of a new brand campaign, helped grow awareness levels and drove increased traffic to the site.
- This type of workshop helps us get to know and understand a brand, ask plenty of questions, and get a solid idea of key drivers, competitors, business objectives, and much more. It is an essential first step in building a marketing strategy and plan.
Comprehensive strategy development
- We developed buyer personas, a statement of differentiation, pricing and positioning strategy, a distribution plan, promotions, an online marketing strategy, conversion strategies, KPIs, and more.
- Once KEY signed off on the marketing strategy, we moved on to the marketing plan, a high-level overview of the marketing tactics we recommended to help KEY reach their revenue and sales goals for 2020.
Digital marketing execution
- The digital marketing tactics we used included paid search, display ads, the Google Shopping Network, email, and social media.
- We also built out measurement, tracking, and data analysis to ensure we were hitting goals and could tweak campaigns as necessary.
- Bottom-of-funnel tactics were key to driving revenue.
- Strong metrics & data analysis show clear opportunities to further increase sales.
Increases in website traffic & conversions
- Website traffic more than doubled within the first year.
- Top-of-funnel activity drove brand awareness & boosted social following.
- Online sales more than doubled the previous years’ sales.
"LimeLight has done a great job listening and understanding not only our business and how it works but also the struggles we face. With the LimeLight team, it has always felt like a true partnership. They provide a personal touch.
Having someone working side by side with you makes a big difference. It not only enhances their understanding of our everyday challenges but saves time and money because they are in tune with our needs and in some cases, our critics.
VP Sales & Marketing - KEY Apparel
Looking for a marketing partner?
Talk to a strategist to see if we're a good fit.schedule a consultation