Career Opportunity for a Senior Digital Designer
Senior Digital Designer
We are looking for a Senior Digital Designer with skills in UI/UX and web design.
This person is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for websites, web pages, product graphics (including art direction of photography), email promotional creative, email templates, social media graphics, and banner ads.
The Senior Designer will play a hands-on design role and will be responsible for working on creative design solutions for multiple assignments at a time, for multiple clients. They will be responsible for the overall concept and execution of assigned projects and will bring to life the brand digitally while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. Above all, they must have a passion for making exceptional groundbreaking digital work in a fast paced environment.
This role will work alongside our small agency team of designers, developers, and marketers, and will consult clients on the best way to achieve their goals from a creative approach.
- Translate product positioning, existing research, and offline/online Marketing strategies into effective designs
- Work with internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Work with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Work with marketing and content team to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points.
- Design product graphics, logos, identity design, or other similar offline graphics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Designing prototypes and wireframes
- Experimenting with design to enhance conversion and usability of websites
- Selecting and editing images
- Evolving, enhancing, educating, and promoting our design system and processes
- Presenting design decisions
- Participating in design critiques
- Reviewing and analyzing user research and usability reports, for use in determining best UI design solutions.
- Collaborating with other designers within the department to ensure consistency of brand
- Presenting designs to cross functional team and negotiating trade-offs
Skills & Knowledge
- 3-5 years of experience designing for email marketing, websites, digital advertising.
- Successful professional design experience, preferably at a digital agency or in-house Web team for a product-driven business.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field.
- Strong portfolio of digital design work, showing solutions to business problems through effective design.
- Able to present concepts and lead internal teams to the correct solution.
- Experience in web marketing/web design with a strong knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, FTP, web design and development principles
- Experience designing for e-commerce
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Sketch, Zeplin and common development workflow tool