Would you describe your brain as squishy but formidable? Is your creative vision broad but razor-sharp? Are your design skills well-honed but always evolving? If so, put that squishy gray matter and keen eye to work with a team that wants to help you succeed while working with a range of clients who will appreciate your talents. Right now we’re looking for a Designer who can jump in and bring their own bit of creative brilliance to our ecommerce-focused business.
If you’re wondering, “Is it me? I mean, I know I’m fantastic, but is LimeLight Marketing the right fit?” Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Be prepared to step up — we’re not big fans of micromanaging and we want everyone to contribute. So if you join us, be ready to do your thing.
- Enjoy trying new things — we’re always working to be better, which means even though we love our processes, we’re always keeping an eye out for new methods, skills, software, ideas, and people that can make a positive difference.
- Team first, team last, team in the middle — everything we do is a group effort, so if you’re the type of marketer that wants all the credit from the client, we’re honestly not the best option for you.
If you join our humbly awesome, awesomely humble team as a Designer, you’ll be responsible for delivering effective, beautiful, on-brand, and on-strategy UI, as well as product graphics, email promotional creative, email templates, social media graphics, and banner ads. Experience in photography is a nice plus, but not essential. Experience in UX is even better.
This role will work alongside our agency team of designers, developers, account managers, and strategists, reporting to the creative director, and will have client-facing responsibilities such as presenting work and discussing design strategy.
Is there stress? Of course. We’re in a deadline-driven business that will always have times when the pressure gets turned up a bit. Those are the moments where it’s most important to show compassion (for yourself and others) while diligently working to help us all stay on time and on or under budget. But we like to have fun too. Whether it’s in-person or virtual happy hours, company get-togethers, or using Slack in ways that may or may not have been what its developers intended, we’re a work family that likes spending time together.
About This Role
- Oversee design projects, from conception to delivery.
- Work with clientele to ascertain needs and to develop graphic directions, concepts, and specifications for assigned projects.
- Design product graphics, logos, identity design, or other similar offline graphics.
- Design websites, banner ads, social graphics, emails, and other online graphics.
- Design prototypes and wireframes.
- Work with internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Work with the broader team to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Ensure proper and compelling brand representation across all touchpoints.
- Evolve, enhance, educate, and promote our design system and processes.
- Present design decisions.
- Participate in design critiques as needed.
- Review and analyze user research and usability reports, for use in determining best UI design solutions.
- Collaborate with other designers within the department to ensure consistency of all client brands.
- Other duties as assigned.
Character traits of a great Designer:
- Always curious
- Deadline driven
- Able to work autonomously
- Insanely organized with your folders and files
- Think how each piece relates to the bigger picture
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Not afraid to push back or give feedback, and does so with respect for all parties
- Have rational reasons for all design decisions and can communicate them effectively
The successful candidate:
- 3-5 years of experience designing for email marketing, websites, digital advertising. (Designing for ecommerce is a plus.)
- Successful professional design experience, preferably at a digital agency or in-house web team for a product-driven business.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field.
- Strong portfolio of digital design work, showing solutions to business problems through effective design.
- Have a solid foundation in typography, layout, and design.
- Able to present concepts and lead internal teams to the correct solution.
- Experience in web marketing/web design with a strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, as well as web design and development principles.
What We Offer
- Group health, dental, and life insurance with LimeLight contribution.
- Simple IRA with 100% company match on first 3%.
- Flexible (self-managed) vacation — we hire people who are trusted to make good decisions on when to be at work and when to take time away from work.
- Summer schedule with ½ day Fridays June through August.
- A strengths-based and performance-oriented culture.
- Flexible work environment with the availability to work from home and in the office.
- Leaders who support, position, empower and engage you.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- Epic company Christmas party.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Beautiful new office located downtown Pittsburg in The Foundry at Block22.
- Competitive salary with benefits.
LimeLight Marketing is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.