Account Team Lead
We love our clients. Which means we need people who love to love the clients they work with (in a professionally fruitful way, of course). We have an existing opportunity for a detail-oriented Account Team Lead with 6-8 years of marketing agency account management experience. We’re looking for a professional, multi-tasker, who works well under pressure and within tight deadlines, with digital marketing expertise.
In addition to strong agency account management experience, the Account Team Lead is a strategist—who lives and breathes the strategic process—helping clients achieve and exceed their marketing and business goals.
As a role model in account management with leadership qualities and a passion to help others develop professionally, you’ll be coaching and mentoring account managers to be fantastic performers. You’ll also contribute to internal initiatives and development of tools to maximize workflow and support growth.
If you’re wondering, “Is it me? I mean, I know I’m fantastic, but is LimeLight Marketing the right fit?” Here are few things to keep in mind:
- Be prepared to step up — we’re not big fans of micromanaging and we want everyone to contribute. So if you join us, be ready to do your thing.
- Enjoy trying new things — we’re always working to be better, which means even though we love our processes, we’re always keeping an eye out for new methods, skills, software, ideas, and people that can make a positive difference.
- Team first, team last, team in the middle — everything we do is a group effort, so if you’re the type of marketer that wants all the credit from the client, we’re honestly not the best option for you.
If you join our humbly awesome, awesomely humble team as an Account Team Lead, you’ll be the day-to-day contact for multiple clients and the liaison between the clients and our internal team to keep the train on the tracks and moving forward. If you can spot obstacles ahead of time and quickly create a plan to get around those roadblocks, that’s an essential skill. If you can couple that with stellar communication and a near-obsession with details, well, then we should definitely talk.
Is there stress? Of course. We’re in a deadline-driven business that will always have times when the pressure gets turned up a bit. Those are the moments where it’s most important to show compassion (for yourself and others) while diligently working to help us all stay on time and on or under budget. But we like to have fun too. Whether it’s in-person or virtual happy hours, company get togethers, or using Slack in ways that may or may not have been what its developers intended, we’re a work family that likes spending time together.
About This Role
- Marketing Consultation
- Possess a solid understanding of key tactical areas, such as digital marketing, advertising, content marketing, SEO and PPC, ecommerce – or have a strong desire to get up to speed on these forms of marketing and communications
- Experience taking insight from data and applying it to execute effective marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with strategists to develop and execute strategic documents and plans driving toward client KPIs
- Communication and Relationships
- Develop strong relationships with your clients and the internal delivery teams
- Manage client and internal delivery team expectations; don’t be afraid to have hard conversations
- Serve as the clients’ main point of contact; manage client communications such as weekly status emails, requests for review and approval of deliverables, information gathering, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Attend and facilitate client meetings to document all deliverables, decisions, and next steps, goals, timelines, and expectations
- Project Coordination
- Manage process for new client onboardings and recurring revenue engagements
- Create project plans with milestones to ensure all projects meet deadlines
- Serve as project coordinator for the deliverables as scoped in campaign briefs and project agreements
- Review project plans daily to ensure all projects are on schedule; collaborate with internal team to find resolution to potential delays
- Secure timely feedback and approvals from clients
- Pivot and rearrange tasks when needed to prevent roadblocks and keep tasks on schedule
- Ensure the internal delivery teams’ work meets client expectations
- People Management
- Coach and mentor account managers and account coordinators
- Deliver feedback effectively, moving behaviors and actions in a positive direction
- Lead by example being a role model for the account team
- Seek opportunities to improve processes within the account team
- Document playbooks as needed to standardize processes
- Tools and Organization
- Maintain Accelo, LimeLight’s project management system, for assigned clients to build timelines and tasks
- Maintain client upsell opportunities in Accelo
- Maintain organization for client folders in shared Google Drives
Character traits of a great Account Team Lead:
- Rapport builder
- Deadline driven
- Extremely curious
- Insanely organized
- Creative problem-solver
- Consistently reliable
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Not afraid to push back or give feedback, and does so effectively
- Loves following and managing process and quality control
- Strong and responsive written and verbal communication
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
- Client retention and account growth
- Writing effective briefs to clearly articulate project goals and expectations for delivery
- Ensuring deliverables are on brand and on strategy for client accounts
- Deliver projects on time and in scope
The Successful Candidate:
- At least 6 years experience working in a client facing role as an account manager or project manager in an agency setting
- At least 3 years experience working in digital marketing
- Has experience successfully implementing digital strategies across multiple marketing channels, and is able to articulate what roles and tasks are necessary to do so
- Successful working in a fast paced environment where no 2 days are the same
- Proven track record of working with a project management system to organize and manage work. Bonus: Experience using Accelo
- Isn’t intimidated or shy to have the hard conversations either with a client or internal team members in order to hold them accountable
- Is familiar with reviewing and interpreting data in Google Analytics, social media, and email platforms
- BONUS: Experience working with ecommerce brands
What We Offer
- Group health, dental, and life insurance with LimeLight contribution
- Simple IRA with company match
- Flexible vacation – we hire people who are trusted to make good decisions on when to be at work and when to take time away from work
- Summer schedule with ½ day Fridays June through August
- A strengths-based and performance-oriented culture
- Flexible work environment with the availability to work from home and in the office
- Leaders who support, position, empower and engage you
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Epic company Christmas party
- Beautiful new office located downtown Pittsburg in The Foundry at Block22
- Competitive salary with benefits
LimeLight Marketing is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.