We love our clients. Which means we need people who love to love the clients they work with (in a professionally fruitful way, of course). Right now we’re looking for an Account Manager who can jump in and bring their own bit of marketing and client management brilliance to our team.
If you’re wondering, “Is it me? I mean, I know I’m fantastic, but is LimeLight Marketing the right fit?” Here are few things to keep in mind:
- Be prepared to step up — we’re not big fans of micromanaging and we want everyone to contribute. So if you join us, be ready to do your thing.
- Enjoy trying new things — we’re always working to be better, which means even though we love our processes, we’re always keeping an eye out for new methods, skills, software, ideas, and people that can make a positive difference.
- Team first, team last, team in the middle — everything we do is a group effort, so if you’re the type of marketer that wants all the credit from the client, we’re honestly not the best option for you.
If you join our humbly awesome, awesomely humble team as an Account Manager, you’ll be the day-to-day contact for multiple clients and the liaison between the clients and our internal team to keep the train on the tracks and moving forward. The Account Manager organizes, plans, and holds both the client and the LimeLight teams accountable for the successful delivery of projects. If you can spot obstacles ahead of time and quickly create a plan to get around those roadblocks, that’s an essential skill. If you can couple that with stellar communication and a near-obsession with details, well, then we should definitely talk.
Is there stress? Of course. We’re in a deadline-driven business that will always have times when the pressure gets turned up a bit. Those are the moments where it’s most important to show compassion (for yourself and others) while diligently working to help us all stay on time and on or under budget. But we like to have fun too. Whether it’s in-person or virtual happy hours, company get togethers, or using Slack in ways that may or may not have been what its developers intended, we’re a work family that likes spending time together.
About This Role
Communication and Relationships
- Develop strong relationships with your clients and the internal delivery teams
- Serve as a direct liaison between clients and internal delivery teams
- Manage client and internal delivery team expectations; don’t be afraid to have hard conversations
- Serve as the clients’ main point of contact; manage client communications such as weekly status emails, requests for review and approval of deliverables, information gathering, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Attend and facilitate client meetings to document all deliverables, decisions, and next steps, goals, timelines, and expectations
- Manage process for new client on boardings and retainer engagements
- Create project plans with milestones to ensure all projects meet deadlines
- Serve as project coordinator for the deliverables as scoped in campaign briefs and project agreements
- Review project plans daily to ensure all projects are on schedule; collaborate with internal team to find resolution to potential delays
- Hold clients and our internal delivery team accountable for due dates
- Secure timely feedback and approvals from clients
- Pivot and rearrange tasks when needed to prevent roadblocks and keep tasks on schedule
- Ensure the internal delivery teams’ work meets client expectations
Tools and Organization
- Maintain Accelo, LimeLight’s project management system, for assigned clients to build timelines and tasks
- Maintain client upsell opportunities in Accelo
- Maintain organization for client folders in shared Google Drives
Character traits of a great Account Manager:
- Rapport builder
- Deadline driven
- Extremely curious
- Insanely organized
- Creative problem-solver
- Consistently reliable
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Not afraid to push back or give feedback, and does so effectively
- Loves following and managing process and quality control
- Strong and responsive written and verbal communication
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
- Quality task management: Ensure deadlines are established, met as anticipated, while holding the client and LimeLight team accountable
- Documentation and organization
- Client happiness
The Successful Candidate:
- At least 3 years experience working in a client facing role as an account manager or project manager, preferably in an agency setting
- At least 3 years experience working in digital marketing
- Has experience successfully implementing digital strategies across multiple marketing channels, and is able to articulate what roles and tasks are necessary to do so
- Successful working in a fast paced environment where no 2 days are the same
- Proven track record of working with a project management system to organize and manage work. BONUS: Experience using Accelo
- Isn’t intimidated or shy to have the hard conversations either with a client or internal team members in order to hold them accountable
- Is familiar with reviewing and interpreting data in Google Analytics, social media, and email platforms
- BONUS: Experience working with ecommerce brands
What We Offer:
- Group health, dental, and life insurance with LimeLight contribution
- Simple IRA with 100% company match on first 3%
- Flexible (self-managed) vacation – we hire people who are trusted to make good decisions on when to be at work and when to take time away from work
- Summer schedule with ½ day Fridays June through August
- A strengths-based and performance-oriented culture
- Flexible work environment with the availability to work from home and in the office
- Leaders who support, position, empower and engage you
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Epic company Christmas party
- Beautiful new office located downtown Pittsburg in The Foundry at Block22
- Competitive salary with benefits
LimeLight Marketing is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.