A simple Google search for a logo design package will return a bunch of results for companies and individuals who can design you a quick, cheap logo. That definitely has its place, but if you’re looking for something that goes deeper than that and takes your branding as a whole into consideration, it’s worthwhile investing in a logo design service.
This article will help you think through the best option for your brand, help you understand how inmportant a logo is to your brand development, and share how we at LimeLight Marketing work with clients on logo design packages.
Why Invest in a Logo Design Package?
If you need a new or refreshed company logo you have many options when it comes to logo design, and you want to make the best choice for your business.
Sometimes it’s difficult to know what to look for, what to ask for, and to understand the difference between the various options. You may not know all of the use cases to think through when selecting a logo, fonts, and colors to represent your brand.
A logo is at the core of your brand personality and it ties together your custom look, feel, tone, voice and speaks to your company’s objectives. An experienced marketing partner will work with you to align your logo, using your company’s brand guidelines as a base to ensure a consistent, cohesive brand experience across all of your platforms and creative executions. A logo is what ties your brand to your selected marketing tactics.
A marketing agency understands the importance of this link between your brand and your marketing tactics. Choosing a marketing agency to design your logo means you’ll get:
- Differentiation from your competitors
- A choice of designs, including illustrated logos
- A design team who’ll undertake thorough research
- A true connection between your logo and your brand
- Ownership of all final files and deliverables
What Does the Logo Design Process Include?
Choosing an individual or team to design your company logo is an important decision. It’s often the first thing people see when they visit your website, walk into your retail store or engage on social media.
Our logo and branding design services follow a standard design process. Here’s a glimpse into what the process entails and how you as the client will be involved.
- Your account manager will send you an initial client intake survey to help us understand your preferences and requirements for your logo and branding.
- They will then schedule a Discovery call to talk through the information you shared and ensure we have a good understanding of what you are looking for. Some clients have specific ideas and direction they want us to work with while others give an open slate and ask us to lead the direction.
- Your design team will research your company, your industry and your top competitors online. Your logo is much more than a combination of fonts, colors and design so we put in the extra effort to differentiate you from others and make you stand out.
- The fun part – creative brainstorm and sketching out multiple design concepts and possible directions. Before deciding on a direction with a logo, our team takes the freedom to sketch and play with multiple design options. We allow a few hours to test and concept before committing to a direction because we know this is when the best ideas are born.
- Design or illustration starts with the selected concepts. This includes the selection of fonts, colors, and visual icons that work harmoniously to bring a logo to life.
- Internal review, feedback and edits. Your design team will bring their best work to our larger team. This team of designers and content specialists give our feedback to fine-tune the designs into the very best options for you.
- Client presentation of logo concepts. Your account manager and lead designer will meet with you to present logo concepts and talk through each of them so that you understand the meaning of the design, the color choice and the inspiration behind the work.
- Edits to the logo design of your choice. Once in a while we nail it on the first time! But generally clients love what they see, and ask to see their favorite logo in a few different options – maybe a color modification, or the font from another logo we designed.
- Design of the final deliverables. Once you’ve fallen in love and selected your logo, we begin creating the deliverables based on the branding package you’ve selected. (see below)
A lot of company also have their logo designed at the same time as designing (or redesigning) their website. It can make sense to do a logo and website design package at the same time, as they often go hand-in-hand.
How Long Does It Take to Design a Logo, and How Much Does It Cost?
Here at LimeLight we have provided logo design packages, branding and marketing services for companies of all sizes, from start-ups to national companies with full in-house marketing teams. Our logo design process usually takes around three to four weeks (although we’ve met quicker timelines, so let us know what you need and we’ll do our best to accommodate!). A logo design package starts at $2,500 and is customized for each client.
Make sure your business stands out – contact us for a free logo design consultation.