Benefits of Hosting your Website with LimeLight Marketing
If LimeLight Marketing is building a website for you, or if you are a client we work with, you may want to consider hosting your website with us.
This means that we would provide the service you need to enable your website to be viewed online by storing it on a secure server.
What to consider as you assess hosting options
Whether you are thinking about using LimeLight to host your website or looking at a different service provider, these are the four main considerations and questions you should answer:
1. How easily will you be able to update your website? Some providers make it tough to update the site.
2. Is it a shared platform? Many host providers use a “shared platform” meaning that up to 5,000 sites are on the same server using the same resources as you. If there is a security breach or a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack on a co-existing site, your site will be affected.
3. Can the service provider support your website? Ensure the host can support your website. For example, some hosts do not offer support for the latest version of PHP. Many host providers specialize in a few core platforms and will only integrate with those particular platforms.
4. How secure is the hosting provider? Be mindful of security and compliance. Shared hosting providers are not allowed to host banks, e-commerce platforms that store user credit cards, or projects hosting highly confidential data.
Benefits of LimeLight hosting your website
In answer to the considerations and questions you should answer when you consider your hosting options, LimeLight
1. Will connect our version control software to your site for updates, reducing the amount of time required for updates by two or three times. Sites we host have a direct line with our edits and we have greater confidence in being a successfully maintained solution.
2. Has fully independent servers rather than operating on a shared platform. This means your site won’t be at risk from potential security breaches of other sites.
3. Will be able to support your website. We stay up to date with the latest version of PHP which decreases security risks and is quicker and more stable.
4. Operates on a completely secure platform. We provide HTTPS SSL certificates as standard so your site will be encrypted and more secure.
There are other benefits to current clients in LimeLight hosting your website, including:
- Monthly updates to your site – regular updates ensure your site is compatible, upgraded, and there’s no security risk. We also test every site upgrade in a development environment to ensure it is fully functional before making live updates.
- Focus on SEO – we can ensure your website is performing optimally and not working against other marketing efforts such as SEO and lead conversion.
- Site updates are quicker and easier – if we host your website, we can work more easily on the site. We can build faster, better, and more frequently if we have easy access to and control of your website.
- The servers we use run the new HTTP/2 protocol which increases site speed. This, in turn, strengthens your website’s optimization as site speed is critical to SEO.
- These servers also have the capacity for flexibility and huge growth of your website.
- We have a full-time developer at LimeLight – if something goes wrong there is an expert on hand to tackle any issues quickly.
- If you are one of our retainer clients, it makes sense to have everything to do with your website in one place and run by the same people.
Hosting your website with LimeLight
We use the Digital Ocean platform to host most of our clients’ websites. It is reliable, secure, and trusted by companies such as Slack and WeWork. Digital Ocean also provides the flexibility for websites to scale up quickly and effectively as they grow.
The cost of LimeLight hosting your website
Our monthly hosting fee starts at $50 per month and increases based on the needs of your website. We invoiced quarterly for a three-month hosting period. In addition to the monthly hosting, there is a $150 one-time setup fee, unless we build your website, in which case that fee is waived.
If you are interested in having your website hosted by LimeLight, contact your account manager.